Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3-16-11

Well, I’m very disappointed in my photography class. It seems like every time a discussion is going somewhere interesting, helpful, or even once in a blue moon advanced (! Imagine that!), some classmate will raise their hand and with their question bring it back down to a basic lecture. I’ve learned absolutely nothing new in that class, and haven’t even had to put the time, effort or thought that I thought I would have to for a three credit class. Finally was able to put my finger on it today. Since it was a guest speaker, he was using all the advanced lingo and such that he thought we should know, but obviously the class didn’t. I was loving it, my notes are filled, but every time I felt he was going somewhere, the other people in my class would rein him back in. It’s very frustrating, I feel like all these kids, some of them have amazing photographs, want to know exactly how, when, and just everything about how to take the perfect photo, that they don’t understand that when you see it, you know. I dunno (I don’t think that quite makes sense, nor exactly conveys what I’m feeling…but), I’m just ranting I guess, and lucky you guys are the recipients. J
I’m so excited to be so close to the end of my first year at college. Sounds so fun to say that! I was at the grocery store a couple of days ago with my friend, when I realized that I was probably buying my last gallon of milk for the semester! It just funny the different times when it hits me.
I was talking with my dad earlier this evening and it sounds like you guys in Utah are getting sleet right now. It’s just cloudy and windy up here, generally. There’ve been a couple of raindrops here and there, and the sidewalks were wet when I walked out earlier this evening, but it looks like the snows finally gone. And hopefully stays gone, I’m very ready for Spring. Saw my first ladybug a couple of days ago.
Like I’ve said before, Finals are coming up. And this semester is going to be a bit more busy than last semester, unfortunately. But classes are still going good. Today in Science, my professor pointed out how on a molecular level, earthworms, and yeast are often compared to humans. Very interesting. He has a lot of interesting tangents. When do you guys remember learning the order of the planets? Astronomy has always been a strong point of mine, but I remember learning the planets in second grade, but here I am up here and college students have trouble trying figure out the difference between Uranus and Mercury. I’m just wondering if it’s abnormal for me to be comfortable with the order of the planets. Though I do kinda love it, since the professor continually puts at least one question in that nature on the test. J It’s like, yes! A freebie! Anyways, I guess I should get going, before I find something else to talk about. Hope all’s going well for everyone, and that Spring showing signs of coming.
Happy almost St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: